Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand what data analytics are and why organizations are actively adopting them for strategic advantage
- Understand key IT/IS concepts related to big data analytics.
- Understand best practices with core and necessary statistics concepts to be able to participate in and lead data analytics-based projects
- Understand how to work with large data sets and apply the appropriate data mining techniques to answer business related questions
- Analyze and evaluate output from statistical and data analysis procedures and draw correct conclusions from it
- Communicate the results of the data analysis to management by writing a detailed report