eMajor Faculty Expectations Memorandum of Understanding
It is assumed that all faculty teaching through eMajor will have completed appropriate training in best practices and online pedagogy through their home institutions or through eCampus (eCore/eMajor). For those who need initial training, eCampus offers an online orientation.
The expectations set forth in this agreement are reflective of widely---recognized best practices and quality guidelines and can also serve as a helpful checklist to you prior to, during, and after the semester.
As an eMajor faculty member, I understand that I am responsible for complying with eMajor and BOR policies, best practices, and SACSCOC guidelines.
Prior to the beginning of the semester:
1. Your credentials and transcripts must be on file witheCampus.
2. Utilize syllabus template, personalize, and update syllabus (areas sometimes highlighted in yellow) and release syllabus in GoVIEW prior to the first day of class. Include:
Virtual office hours (at least two hours per week or byappointment)
External email address to facilitate student---faculty communication outside of GoVIEW in case of emergency situations
Contact phone number for office hours
Proctored exam dates and requirements (if any)
3. Send a welcome mail message via the GoVIEW discussion or news tool on the first day of classes to students explaining course requirements.
4. Set due dates for all assignments and assessments with corresponding calendar entry prior to the first day of class.
During the semester:
1. Submit attendance verification in INGRESS by the posted deadline.
2. Maintain an online presence by engaging in course interactions at least five days per week. Ensure that the course provides for student---to---student interaction and faculty---student interaction as much as possible.
3. Establish midterm and/or final exams, if applicable.
4. Utilize the common course textbook as designated by the Curriculum Leadership Committee.
5. Maintain a detailed course calendar in GoVIEW.
6. Report students who have missed assignments or appear to be at risk to the eMajor Student Success Team weekly, through the online at-risk student report (SEADS). Consider reaching out to these students personally as well.
7. Post all grades to the GoView grade book within one week's time of the due date. Provide timely and specific feedback.
8. Respond to student questions and emails within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends).
9. If you must be away from the class for more than three days, notify the students in the course and the eMajor Executive Director of Academics, Dr. Sarah Kuck.
10. Be flexible and understanding of student's outside commitments. Provide opportunities for success.
At the end the semester:
1. Post an announcement at least two weeks prior to the end of the semester directing students to complete the course evaluation.
2. Submit final grades in INGRESS by the posted grade submission deadline, along with the required last date of academic attendance and methodology utilized to determine date.
3. Review evaluation data provided by the relevant eMajor Curriculum Leadership Committee. If faculty have recommendations that could improve the student experience, please notify the eMajor Executive Director of Academics, Dr. Sarah Kuck.
I also understand that the eMajor administrative staff may access my course on a regular basis for the purposes of course maintenance, student, and faculty support. Additionally, GoVIEW utilizes intelligent agents to report faculty participation. Faculty evaluation information will be available to my department chair and the VPAA at my home institution. Base eMajor course content or other content developed through more---than---incidental resources are shared intellectual property (BOR policy 6.3) and may be reused by instructor or other program courses/instructors. Course content developed as work---for---hire or assigned institutional or eMajor effort, such as instructional videos or learning objects, shall reside with the University System of Georgia.