Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the historical and current status of the health care delivery system with a focus on community health nursing practice.
- Differentiate between Public Health and Community Health, and the roles and responsibilities of the nurse in the community setting and in the public health settings.
- Analyze epidemiological data and evidence-based practice guidelines in community health.
- Explore the sociodemographic determinants of health and cultural diversity as they impact community health.
- Evaluate resources that transcend borders for health promotion, intervention, disease prevention, and coordination of care among populations across the lifespan.
- Examine the influence of public health policy and healthcare reform in the care of populations within the community.
- Identify environmental safety initiatives and emergency preparedness considerations in community and public health settings.