Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of how international business and a global economy impacts management of domestic and global business operations.
- Understand, analyze, and develop methods for dealing with global economic and financial issues.
- Analyze and describe how legal, political, cultural, and religious differences will affect international business.
- Discuss important elements of country and cultural differences and develop strategies for dealing with these key differences.
- Understand the foreign exchange mechanism, global monetary system, and implications for business strategies and currency exchange risk management. Students will be prepared to deal with the major threats and opportunities associated with foreign exchange and global finance.
- Examine and describe strategies and specific management actions to build global competitiveness in the areas of manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and human resource management.
- Understand and discuss key international business concepts, international analytical processes, and philosophical bases for international business. Students will be prepared for dealing with these various influences on modern organizations.
- Comprehend, analyze, and discuss environmental dynamics, multinational business organizations, cultural constraints, and economic constraints.
- Identify, comprehend, and discuss international business implications in the larger discussion of world socio-political issues and international relations.