Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Compare the participants and processes involved in the real estate market including potential real estate careers as an entrepreneur, agent, or property manager. Ethical issues and implications in real estate will also be discussed.
- Appraise the important factors when evaluating real estate options including valuation of residential and commercial property, pro forma statements, acquisition/financing costs, and the feasibility of the project once these factors are considered.
- Choose an efficient process to market and manage property to ensure cash flow and maximize profit.
- Justify best practices in property management.
- Student will construct a detailed plan to manage property using the techniques learned from the above objectives to manage an apartment complex with 200+ units.