Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of basic system commands and concepts used in the Windows environment.
- Use a word processing package to create newsletters, brochures, programs, tables, and other textual documents that incorporate text and graphics.
- Use both word processing and database software packages to prepare and print mailing labels and form letters to be used for mass mailings.
- Use a linear presentation software package incorporating text and graphics to prepare on screen class presentations, transparencies, class note-taking handouts, and speaker notes.
- Use the advanced functions of an electronic spreadsheet package to construct sophisticated worksheets for budgeting and grading projections as well as graphs and charts for educational presentation material.
- Use a database management software package to set up class projects where students create, manipulate, print, and maintain data files, for illustrative groups of students.