Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Distinguish between information systems, information technology, and accounting information systems
- Create a database
- Draw and interpret a system flowchart.
- Explain the integration of accounting data in an accounting information system
- Classify inputs and outputs of business processes.
- Identify the differences between preventive, detective, and corrective internal controls
- Exhibit proficiency in an accounting program software package
- Exhibit proficiency in database software such as Microsoft Access and/or Microsoft Excel