Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Successfully articulate the history of Small Business Management and the development of its philosophy.
- Identify and describe the attributes of entrepreneurship; explain the distinction between a small business manager/owner and an entrepreneur.
- Be able to develop a marketing plan with actionable strategies for a small business.
- Distinguish between business ideas and opportunities; explain how to finance business ventures.
- Ability to create, explain, and defend a business plan.
- Sharpen the presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate new venture ideas to potential investors.