Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Create a job description that effectively summarizes the essential functions of a job and identifies the critical knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics that are necessary to be successful in that job:.
- Determine and justify the best sources from which to recruit potential employees for that job;
- Develop a series of open-ended and behavior-based interview questions that effectively explore whether a candidate meets the minimum requirements to hold a job;
- Design a tool for use in assessing and comparing candidates towards a hiring decision;
- Coordinate and actively participate in a series of interviews with prospective candidates for a job; and
- Communicate effectively with candidates throughout the process.